Attorney Devan Byrd brings a wealth of quality attributes and experience to our firm. Her primary areas of practice include automobile, motorcycle and truck accidents, catastrophic injury, medical malpractice and negligence, and wrongful death. A passionate and determined advocate, Devan was born in Florida and raised in Alabama. Leading with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills, Devan is relentless in her pursuit of justice on behalf of her clients.
After earning her Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Birmingham Southern College, Devan went on to earn her J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law. She is currently a member of the Alabama Association for Justice, the Alabama State Bar, and the Birmingham Bar Association. She has also been admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama, and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama.
In law school, she was a part of the UA BLSA and UA BLSA Moot Court Team, and also worked as an editor of the Alabama Civil Rights & Civil Liberties Law Review. During this time she also worked with the Elder Law Clinic, helping elderly individuals from various backgrounds in seven West Alabama counties. She provided assistance to non-criminal matters such as nursing home issues, Medicaid/Medicare, social security, consumer fraud, housing, public benefits, elder abuse and exploitation, estate planning, health care planning and decision-making.
Devan lives by an inherent commitment to constant self-improvement and helping others in need. During her time earning her J.D., Devan was a part of the Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society, as well as a Legal Extern for the Honorable Abdul K. Kallon. She was also a mentor, executive officer, and director in a one-on-one mentoring program called Raise the Bar, as well as the HASS trial team.
In her spare time, Devan enjoys running, spending time with her family, friends, and dogs, attending church, participating in sports, and traveling.
- Birmingham-Southern College, B.S. in Business Administration (2013)
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D. (2017)
- Alabama (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- Alabama Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama Association of Justice Emerging Leaders Board (4-year rotation)
- Alabama State Bar Young Lawyers Section Executive Committee
- Alabama Head Injury Foundation Birmingham Regional Board
- Birmingham Business Journal NextGen Rising Stars of Law, 2020