Unsafe Booster Seats Cause Injuries In Side-Impact Crashes

When you buy a product that is supposed to keep your children safe, you should be able to trust that it is, in fact, safe. The last thing parents want to hear is that there’s been a massive recall of unsafe booster seats. Our kids are the most important things to us, and we never want to imagine that they could get hurt or killed because their car seat was not manufactured correctly.

Evenflo, the makers of the Big Kid Booster Seat, claimed their product was safe in side-impact crashes despite evidence that this wasn’t true.

If your child was seriously hurt in an accident while in a booster or infant seat, you should call Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton. A seasoned Birmingham defective product lawyer can help you file a claim and get the compensation you deserve.

What is the Current Concern Over Booster Seat Safety?

Recently, there has been increased concern over children’s booster seats in the U.S. These fears and concerns come from new information released about side-impact safety testing.

In 2000, there was a law passed that required the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration to adopt rules to improve the safety of booster seat safety and reduce children’s head injuries in side-impact crashes. But the NHTSA didn’t enact side-impact test standards for children’s car seats.

A company named Evenflo, who manufactures the Big Kid Booster, did their own testing. They marketed the booster seat as being safe in side-impacts even though their own test products failed repeatedly. Their tests demonstrated a high likelihood of death or paralysis from a side impact. There is now a new sub-committee in Congress dedicated to rectifying this problem.

So far, more than 18 million booster seats have been sold. Evenflo is the subsidiary of a Chinese corporation called Goodbaby International Holdings, Ltd.

What Can Your Personal Injury Lawyer in Birmingham Do if Your Child is Injured?

Hopefully, you never need the services of a defective product lawyer in Birmingham. Nobody ever wants to learn that a child has been injured. However, if something like this does happen, you’ll need help. If your child gets hurt, the last thing you’ll be able to focus on is insurance claims and medical bills. That’s why you’ll want someone by your side who can take care of your case. The attorneys at Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton will advocate on your behalf, to allow you to focus on your child.

Attorneys who specialize in personal injury have a long history of dealing with large insurance companies. They know how to file your claim and to negotiate with insurance adjusters. If the manufacturer or designer of the booster seats is responsible, they’ll demand justice. Your family may be entitled to these damages if your child is injured due to a faulty booster seat:

  • Medical bills and future medical care – If your child needs special medical care as a result of a booster seat accident, your attorney can demand reimbursement.
  • Lost wages or income – If you and your spouse must take time off work to care for your child, you may be entitled to compensation. This will depend on how much time was missed. It also will depend on what sort of care was provided. Your personal injury lawyer will have to show that you had no other way to care for your child other than to be there in person.
  • Pain and suffering – These damages are meant to compensate your child for any physical or mental anguish caused by the injury.

Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Birmingham Today

If your child has been injured due to a faulty booster seat in Alabama, you need help. You’ll need to focus on your child’s medical treatment. Let one of our skilled professionals focus on the legal side of things. Some injuries are caused by defective seats. Others could be caused by other things, such as misuse.

To know if your family has a valid legal claim, you should call and schedule your free, initial consultation with a seasoned personal injury lawyer in Birmingham. If you do have a potential claim for damages, let a legal professional fight to get you the compensation you deserve.

Share This:

Get My FREE Case Review