Karen Lawrence Puccio
Karen Lawrence Puccio joined Hare Wynn in 2017 and works primarily in the areas of Personal Injury and Mass Tort litigation. She plays a prominent role in Mass Tort cases at Hare Wynn, serving as part of the team involved in the metal-on-metal hip replacement cases involving DePuy Orthopedics and Stryker Rejuvenate. She has also been instrumental on the MDL work for the Bard and Cook IVC filter cases.
She began her legal career as an attorney working primarily in Mass Tort and Personal Injury law. In just two short years of becoming an attorney, Karen was tapped as co-lead of the asbestos department for her prior firm, where she helped obtain over $15 million dollars in settlements for clients. She also has had success as a litigator in asbestos cases.
Karen’s proudest career moment was helping a family whose loved one had been diagnosed with lung cancer from his extensive asbestos exposure in the workplace. She took the case on, despite its difficulty, and ultimately helped the victim recover a settlement.
Karen was born and raised in the small town of Centreville, Alabama. Being raised in a small town instilled a strong sense of community early on in Karen’s life, and helped shape her strong desire to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Auburn University, B.A. Criminology, 2000
- Southeastern Career College, ABA Approved Paralegal Certificate, 2003
- Birmingham School of Law, J.D. 2012
- MDL 2197: In re: DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., ASR Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2244: In re: DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., Pinnacle Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2441: In re: Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation
- Supreme Court of Alabama
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- Birmingham Bar Association, Membership Committee Member
- Jefferson County New Lawyer Mentoring Program
- B-Metro’s Top Women Attorneys 2018
- Birmingham Bar Association 2017 Future Leaders Forum
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
- Appointed as a Member of the Birmingham Bar Association Membership Committee
- Graduate of Jefferson County Lawyer Mentoring Program
- National Trial Lawyers- Top 40 Under 40
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.