The newest trial lawyer at Hare Wynn is driven by a very personal story. Jonathan’s mother was a plaintiff in a class action lawsuit against a pharmaceutical manufacturer after sustaining injuries that could have resulted in her having less time to spend with her children and grandchildren. That story serves as a daily reminder to Jonathan. He realizes that he doesn’t just serve clients. He never forgets that his clients are really mothers, fathers, children and grandchildren–and they need a strong advocate to help them achieve the justice they deserve. He realizes the work he does can make a tremendous difference in their lives and he works hard every day to honor the trust they put in him.
A lifelong resident of Kentucky, Jonathan understands and respects his fellow Kentuckians. He works to ease their fears by creating a road map of their case so that they can feel more comfortable with the process.
Jonathan grew up in Morehead, Kentucky. He obtained his undergraduate degree in philosophy from Morehead State University in 2011, before going on to earn his Juris Doctor from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 2014.
Jonathan met his wife, Meredith, in law school where the two were classmates. When he is not working, Jonathan can usually be found in the kitchen or in front of the grill, cooking for family and friends. He also enjoys golfing and river bank fishing in his spare time.
- Morehead State: B.A. in Philosophy, magna cum laude, 2011
- University of Kentucky College of Law: Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2014
Jonathan’s career began with the Supreme Court of Kentucky, where he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Justice Daniel J. Venters. As a law clerk to Justice Venters, one of Jonathan’s favorite responsibilities was attending conferences wherein the justices discussed cases that shaped the future of Kentucky jurisprudence. He also enjoyed the privilege of working closely with Justice Venters to transform those discussions into opinions. Jonathan’s experience with the Commonwealth’s highest court further ignited his passion for the law, as well as his drive to become the most knowledgeable and capable attorney he could be. Jonathan has also worked as a Small Claims Mediator for the Fayette District Court.
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association: Young Lawyers’ Division
- American Association for Justice
- Top 20 in the UK Law class of 2014 (graduated magna cum laude)
- CALI award in Law and Religion
- Member of the Trial Advocacy Board at UK Law
- Gary Bruce Scholarship Recipient
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40