Kentucky Truck, Motorcycle and Car Accident Lawyers Who Care
Car accidents are catastrophic, but unfortunately, not uncommon. Annually, over 37,000 deaths occur in the United States each year due to road crashes. In Kentucky alone, over 761 traffic fatalities occurred in 2015. If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, you have had your entire life disrupted.
You may be dealing with any of the following:
- Medical bills
- Expensive ongoing treatment and rehabilitation
- Loss of income from work
- Permanent disability
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Lower quality of life
- Depression, anxiety, and PTSD
- Burns, fractures, and dislocations
- Pain and suffering
The people responsible for your accidents may not want or be able to give you the compensation you need to get back on your feet and recover as much as possible. They will have attorneys representing them who will fight for their interests – meaning they pay as little as possible.
Who will represent you? And what steps should you take to get your life back?
Steps to Take to Protect Yourself After an Accident
Motor vehicle accidents in Kentucky are traumatic and disorienting. You will likely have many questions, especially right there in the moment when the accident happens.
Here are the steps you need to take immediately following a wreck:
- Get medical attention immediately.
- Contact emergency officials.
- Check your passengers for injury.
- Check the other drivers and passengers for injury.
- Ensure the safety of the scene by turning on hazards, laying flares, and directing traffic away.
- Gather information from the other driver(s) and take photographs of the scene.
- Give an accurate statement to the responding officer.
- Report the accident to your insurance company, if applicable.
- Seek medical attention after you leave. Sometimes you won’t know you’re injured until hours or days later.
- Be careful about what you tell anyone about the accident.
- Avoid talking to the other driver’s lawyers or his/her insurance company.
- Contact an experienced Kentucky car accident lawyer.
What a Car Accident Lawyer in Kentucky Can Do For You
An attorney is crucial when it comes to representing you and your case.
The legal system can be difficult to navigate. You’ll need to know how Kentucky law applies to your case, and you’ll need help investigating the wreck. You’ll also need help communicating with the other side’s lawyers when it comes to negotiation, discovery, settlements, and trial (if necessary).
Plus, attorneys can help you earn three times more than you’d be able to gain from a settlement or verdict if you didn’t have an attorney.
At Hare Wynn, our lawyers are dedicated to serving those who have suffered severe injuries due to the fault of others. While you focus on recovery, the Hare Wynn car accident lawyers will work diligently to manage the legal side of things.
Our experienced attorneys investigate vehicle collisions for negligence, reckless conduct, and motor vehicle defects in order to help you make the appropriate liability claims and determine how much your case may be worth. From DUI claims to rollover accidents, Hare Wynn has experience in dealing with:
- Wrongful death lawsuits
- Uninsured and underinsured drivers
- Accidents caused by alcohol and drugs
- Rollover accidents
- Rear end collisions
- Intersection accidents
- Motorcycle wrecks
- Accidents involving semi-trucks (18-wheelers, tractor trailers)
- Personal injury and property damage due to hit and run accidents
From interviewing witnesses to locating evidence, our investigators have been equipped with the training and knowledge necessary to determine angles of impact, speeds, and other liability information in order to most accurately represent your case.
Backed by our strong relationships with qualified local and national experts in the field, you can count on the lawyers at Hare Wynn to fight for your case.
Learn More and Protect Your Rights
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident in Kentucky and you want to obtain maximum compensation you may be entitled to, contact the legal experts at Hare Wynn today.
Lexington200 West Vine Street
Lexington, KY 40507